Website slideshow player
I had the need to cycle through a set of webpages where some of these webpages need to be refreshed when shown. I can’t be the first to have the need for such a simple tool so I started googling and found BridgeURL.com. This makes it possible to create a set of websites but it cannot cycle through the pages based on a timer and it often does not work as pages are loaded within an IFRAME.
It then occured to me than I needed something tab based and because I’m a Chrome addict I search in the Chrome extensions and found several tab based slideshow extensions. The following are IMHO the best. All cycle through the tabs based on a timer but have some minor differences
Tab Slideshow Plus
- Settings are easiliy changes as the are available when you left click the icon
- Tab refresh not equal to slideshow sleep. This allows to cycle through the tabs every 10 seconds but reload each 5 minutes to not perform a lot of unnecessarry requests.
- Refresh setting per tab. Some pages are dynamic and do not need to be reloaded
- Custom sleep time per tab. A page containing lots of data probably needs a longer sleep time then a simple page.
- Autostart. This starts the slideshow when the browser is opened
- Rotate only when inactive. When the user is active the cycling is paused. This is very handy when you want to change some settings on a page.
So as you can see there is not an extension that is best. Now add any of the extensions, load some pages, start the slideshow and press F11 (full screen).